Scooter & Wheelchair Lifts
Helping Wheels Mobility & Conversions takes pride in providing safe, reliable and quality mobility products. Our focus is safety, fit & function and meeting the needs of the consumer. Our caring staff have been in this industry for many years and truly care for our customers.
Helping Wheels Mobility & Conversions sell different types of scooter and wheelchair lifts to meet the demand of different vehicles and the applications to meet the customers needs.
- Stowage Lifts – This type of lift will connect to the scooter or wheelchair (conveyance) and lift it from the ground and stow it inside or outside of the vehicle. We can install rear trailer hitch mounted lifts, surface mount boom pole style lifts and hybrid styles that incorporate a platform for the conveyance. Stowage Lifts usually function as a lift for an un-occupied conveyance.
- Platform Lifts - This type of lift is a flat platform that the wheelchair or scooter (conveyance) is parked on when and lift raises/lowers the conveyance up to the door opening of a vehicle allowing a flat gateway into and out of the vehicle. A platform lift is designed for personal and/or commercial use with an occupied wheelchair. This will allow the wheelchair passenger to remain in the wheelchair during loading and transport. Generally, we install platform lifts into the rear or side of most full-sized vans depending on the need of the wheelchair passenger or caregivers.
Our trained Mobility Consultants can assist you in finding the correct product by addressing several factors listed below.
- Can the wheelchair user stand, walk and/or make a transfer from the conveyance to an automotive seat?
- Does the wheelchair user need to remain on the conveyance while loading/unloading and during transport?
- What is the size and weight of the wheelchair or scooter?
- What is the type of vehicle receiving the lift?
- Are the vehicle door and interior dimensions large enough to accommodate the conveyance and passenger?
- Is there a safe way to secure the conveyance and passenger?
- Will the unoccupied conveyance be transported inside or outside of the vehicle?
As you can see, there are many factors to consider when selecting a lift for your vehicle. Our experienced staff will ask the questions to determine what is safe, functionally fit and effective to meet your needs. Our mission is not to just sell you something that may work. Our mission is to assist you in purchasing the correct product that works best for your individual needs.
Click Here to See More Information on Scooter & Wheelchair Lifts.
Please contact one of our professional Mobility Consultants today to learn more about Scooter & Wheelchair Lifts and other mobility products that may assist you.